Cade Lake Expansion Project (River Country Journal Webpage)
Cade Lake Park and Campground - Location and Description
Cade Lake County Park is St. Joseph County's newest Park. The park offers 98 acres on the shores of the 32 acre Cade Lake. Both modern and primitive camping are available with 62 campsites. The park also features a swimming beach, fishing, boat rentals, picnic shelter, playground, hiking trails, and other family activities. For camping information, call (269) 651-3330.
Location: Take US-12 two miles east from the City of Sturgis. Look for Signs and turn south onto Plumb School Rd.
Cade Lake County Park Features
Cade Lake County Park Fees
|Day Use Fee/Vehicle||$4.00|
|Season Pass Fee/Vehicle||$20.00|
Camping fees include day use fees for camping unit and one vehicle.
Campsite Reservation Information
Campsites can be reserved starting on January 1 of the previous year.
Reservations require a completed registration form and a deposit payment of one night's camping fee.
Deposit is non-refundable.
Reserved sites must be registered for by 1:00 p.m. following the first reserved night.
Remainder of balance due must be paid upon arrival and registration at campground.
For Camping and Picnic Reservations Contact: St. Joseph County parks (269) 467-5519.
Cade Lake County Park Campground Rules
- Do not set up campers/tents until a campsite is assigned and fees are paid.
- Camping fees are nonrefundable.
- Occupancy limited to immediate family or up to four single persons.
- Not more than one RV/trailer and one tent, or two tents and no trailer will be permitted per campsite. All camper trailers must be backed into your campsite.
- No “recreational unit” (RV/trailer) may be placed on the Camping Cabin Site (formerly #49). Only one tent may be placed on this site.
- Camping permits shall be issued for 14 consecutive nights, but may be renewed.
- Anyone camping, under the age of 18 shall be accompanied by an adult.
- Check in time is 3:00 p.m. Check out time 1:00 p.m. Mon.– Sat., and 3:00 p.m. on Sundays.
- Site renewals for non-reserved sites must be made at the campground office by 10 a.m. on the date the permit expires.
- Quiet time is 10:00 p.m. - 7: 00 a.m. All visitors must leave by 10:00 p.m.
- Alcoholic beverages are permitted at registered campsites only, and are prohibited in day-use areas.
- Fires are permitted only in fire pits and grills. Collecting firewood is prohibited. Firewood is for sale at the camp store.
- Fireworks are not permitted.
- Campsites shall not be left unoccupied for more than 48 hours.
- All Gray Water must be disposed of at the designated park dump station.
- Water outlets are available to obtain water for campsites. Washing of vehicles, dishes, clothes, pets or person at these outlets is prohibited. No hose will be left attached to any water outlet.
- One vehicle per site. Additional vehicles and guest vehicles must be parked in the day-use parking lot and must display a day-use pass; fee is $4.00 per day per vehicle.
- Dogs must be on a leash no more than 6 feet long at all times. No dog can be left unattended at any time. Owners must clean up after pets immediately.
- Dogs are not permitted on or near the swimming beach. No pets are allowed inside the Camping Cabin.
- No person shall engage in any violent, abusive, boisterous, loud, illegal, obscene or similar disorderly conduct which interferes with another person's use or enjoyment of the park. Radios, generators or other amplified devices may not be used in a manner that creates excessive noise.
- Choosing to violate any St. Joseph County Parks or Cade Lake Campground rules may result in eviction and/or prosecution.