Position: Park Attendant – Seasonal Positions
Starting Wage: $9 - $13/hour, April – September, 16-40 hours/week
Posting Date: 02/02/2018
Collect entrance fees, provide general park information to the public and perform light maintenance duties such as mowing, trimming, lifting of 70+ lbs., painting, cleaning restrooms and picking up garbage. Must be attentive to detail, especially when handling money. Variable hours. Evenings, weekends and holidays will be required.
- Proficiency in math
- Ability to communicate effectively with park patrons
- Ability to work as a team player
- Ability to operate departmental vehicles with standard transmission – may include tractors and/or commercial mowers
- Some positions may have grounds/maintenance focus – previous related experience is a plus
- Valid Michigan’s Driver’s License required
- Drug testing is a requirement of this position
- Flexible schedules, hours range from 20 to 40 per week depending on position
- Daily schedules vary from park to park and is dependent on the weather – some positions may require early morning arrival or working past sunset
- Working weekends and holidays is required
Please direct cover letter and resume to:
Pat Yoder, County Administrator/Controller
St. Joseph County
125 W Main St
Centreville, MI 49032
St. Joseph County, Michigan is an equal opportunity employer.
BACK TO EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
Ready to apply? Visit our How To Apply page for instructions and documents.